The identification phase is when potentially responsive documents are identified for further analysis and review. Since the scope of data can be overwhelming in this phase, attempts are made to reduce the overall scope, such as limiting documents to certain date ranges or search terms to avoid. In the earliest stages of litigation, it’s critical for attorneys to get to the facts of the case quickly in order to develop case strategy, gain an initial estimate of litigation costs, and better prepare for Meet & Confers. Using early case assessment software, we give law firms access to crucial facts about the case to help make important decisions such as:
- Key custodians, search terms and potential date ranges
- Size and scope of the data
- Costs associated with reviewing needed data in
We then simplify the Early Case Assessment process presenting data in easy-to-understand graphs, charts, and timelines. Attorneys can use these interactive charts to drill down into specific date ranges, key custodians, or other relevant metadata for a deeper look at the data. This benefits you in a variety of ways:
- Indexes and organizes large amounts of unstructured data quickly
- Easy-to-use interface reduces training and maintenance
- Graphing and charting data makes it easy to see the big picture, sooner
- No appliance restrictions allows infrastructure flexibility
- Solid security at the user level for ultimate control
- Flexible export options including direct export to Eclipse and Relativity
Collection is the transfer of data from a company to their legal counsel, who will determine relevance and disposition of data. The size and scale of this collection is determined by the identification phase. Our Collection Services include:
- Fixed Storage Collection (Manual+Active Data Copy/Forensic Imaging)
- Portable Storage Collection (Manual Copy/Forensic Imaging)
- Automated Network Discovery of Devices/Repositories and Data
- Remote Collection
- What is the scope of the data in question?
- What is the structure of the data?
- What is the format of the data?
- What is the state of the data?
- How does one “Connect” to the data?
- How does one get to Active State data?
- How does one maintain the Static State data?
- How much data will be acted upon?
- Is the data encrypted?
- What capabilities will be needed to display information?
- How will data reports and/or files be provided to requestor?
- How will the data be stored after being acted upon?
During the processing phase, native files are prepared to be loaded into a document review platform. This phase often involves the extraction of text and metadata from the native files. Various data culling techniques are employed during this phase, such as de-duplication and de-NISTing. Sometimes native files will be converted to a PDF or TIFF format for easier review and bates-labeling. Other processing tools can also employ advanced analytic tools to help document review attorneys more accurately identify potentially relevant documents. Modern processing tools can also employ advanced analytic tools to help document review attorneys more accurately identify potentially relevant documents. The nine major tasks of electronic discovery processing:
- Chain of Custody Security and Tracking
- Data Staging
- Data Filtering
- Metadata Extraction
- Full Text Extraction
- Exception Handling
- Data Conversion
- Load File Production
Production / Review
This is the payoff stage. Your files will be scanned, indexed and added to a secure online database. Imagine; a law firm office without messy boxes and desks piled with paper. Imagine being able to:
- Review a file from anywhere immediately You don’t have to download a file to a disk or print it out
- Save money on expensive hardware and software (We include a software license with our services)
- No need to worry about or spend money when files are lost
- Reduce your operating expenses
Paper, file folders and storage cabinets can cost thousands of dollars each year. Our online ediscovery review software tool can cut these costs in half! PLUS:
- Our powerful, user friendly review platform will allow you to search, tag, review and export your documents
- Our experts train you and your staff in how to point and click to what you need.Even inexperienced computer users have learned the ediscovery review software in just a few minutes
We will assist your team to determine how to create the most effective database for your particular needs. Based on your specifications, our experienced coding team will build a database consisting of standard objective information from your document such as: Date, Document Type, Title, Author, Recipient, etc